Facility Report March (Week 3)

Facility Report (March 20th – 26th 2017)

Current Projects:
Ferguson Upgrades Completed! The Ferguson storage project has been completed in the past few days. Look out for an additional blog post with more information about our new upgrade!
6th Floor changes: The 6th-floor move is continuing and it is nearly finished. The students have done a great job being diligent during the project and that has kept us on track. The next step of this project is to remove the extra shelving in preparation for new furniture in the coming months. Please remember to be aware of new shelving locations for books on that floor. 

Ongoing Projects:
Furniture Count: I have been counting the furniture items trying to get a grasp of what we have on each floor and work toward getting better distribution of the furniture throughout the tower. Also, I am working on placement of furniture and trash cans on the first floor overall. We have furniture that constantly moves and many people using this area in particular. It is my hope with constant monitoring and from building a relationship with housekeeping that we can keep this and other highly used areas ready for use through the day.

That being said, if there is any furniture that is damaged or not being used in your areas that you would like to have removed, please let me know. We are trying to gather items that will be sent to surplus soon and would like to be as ready as possible.

Closing Statements:
While I walk each floor every day I am still learning the habits of students and how they use the building in the evening. Since I am not here in the evening it is hard to keep up with how the facility is run during those hours and if the services from other campus departments “i.e. housekeeping” are being provided to meet our needs as a library. I ask that you all please shoot me any suggestions of things you would like to see done better. Is there furniture you see students constantly moving that drives you crazy? Is there a bathroom that is always low on toilet paper?  Is the ginger ale in the vending machine always tilted so you can’t buy it when you really wanted that out of the vending machine “this happened to me!” These are the things that I want to fix for the students and also the staff here in the building.

I am always around and I will do whatever I can to help you all.


Each week I will try to add an additional blog post with updates on various projects, maintenance requests, and answers to any questions that I feel would be beneficial for all of us to know as a staff.  

Till Next Time,

WC

Comments